Saturday, August 1, 2009

Whatever happened to good cartoons?

So I've been back on my couch numbing my brain on fruitless television for obvious reasons, and I just discovered my new favorite old show: "The perils of Penelope Pitstop" The whole cartoon revolves around "The Hooded Claw" kidnapping the blond haired damsel, Penelope, and puting her in precarious positions. One involved a sippy-bird, rope, and a pit full of crocodiles and another one involved chains, a Frankenstein-esque laboratory, electrodes, a melting lamp, and a giant ice cube filled with frozen electric eels.

They've been running an all night marathon. Needless to say, I've been keeping a notebook handy.

But it just makes me wonder, whatever happened to good old fashioned wholesome cartoons? You know the ones. Villain meets girl, villain kidnaps girl, villain ties girl to train tracks, hero ruins everything, villain shakes fists and skulks away...I'd like to think it's classic 60's and 70's cartoon programing that made me the alien I am today.

Whatever happened to penelope pitstop and the hooded claw? Or Snidely Whiplash? Or the big bad wolf? Or the more adventurous scooby-doo villains?

Who else am I missing? I have to set up my tivo and order some dvds...

No comments:

Post a Comment